Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Wireless Network very slow

This thread has been viewed 44 times
  • 1.  Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Feb 19, 2014 12:04 PM

Hi all,

I am troubleshooting issues on one of our wireless networks, composed of Aruba AP-105 access points.  Starting about 48 hours ago, users can connect to the two wireless networks set up on the access points just fine, but Internet access is incredibly slow.  Note:  Our wired network does not have the same issue.  I have already rebooted all the access points through Instant.

I am thinking that one possible issue is if the IAP operating as the master has a dodgy connection to the network.  Is it possible to force election of a new virtual controller to remove this from troubleshooting?

Also, is there any logging features I can use to figure out further what is going on?

For further information:

We have 26 access points.  User count is 20-30 users per access point.

We are using Dell PowerConnect PoE switches, generally 55xx/62xx units.

I upgraded ArubaOS two weeks ago to version 6.3.1.1-4.0.0.1_41049, and everything was working fine.

We are using WPA2-Personal encryption, which has nott been an issue.

We have two SSIDs.  Both are experiencing the issue.

Last week, I had set a per-user limit on each network to 256k up/256k down.  I removed this yesterday (and prior to the reboot of the access points this morning), which has not resolved the issue.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Feb 19, 2014 12:15 PM

Update: A wired speedtest shows 113Mbps down/22Mbps up.

When I connect to our wireless network, I get .2Mbps down/.2Mbps up, -- as if my per-user bandwidth throttling is still in place, though it is now disabled.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Feb 19, 2014 02:08 PM

Does this happen the slow speed, even if you are sending a file internally int the netwok through the wireless? i mean forget about the internet, did you try on your lan, i mean through wireless

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2014 04:30 PM

@PrepIT wrote:

Update: A wired speedtest shows 113Mbps down/22Mbps up.

When I connect to our wireless network, I get .2Mbps down/.2Mbps up, -- as if my per-user bandwidth throttling is still in place, though it is now disabled.

Have you tried enabling "Drop Broadcasts and Multicast" on that SSID?

• 5.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 19, 2014 04:33 PM

I believe I have it figured out, and that it was a mistake in configuration on my part.

I assumed (wrongly) that unchecking "Per User" with the bandwidth controls would negate them.  Instead, as there was a bandwith up/down limit still specified, it remained in effect, and may have been interpreted (though no other boxes were checked for limiting)  to throttle the access points down to 256k maximum each.

Removing the actual values from the fields resolved this, and I have since re-implemented the per-user settings, but raised them considerably higher.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Apr 01, 2015 02:46 AM

Hi,

can you post here where did you do the changes on the aruba controllers? I also have the same problem here.

Jaded

• 7.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Mar 10, 2016 08:57 AM

i have same problem now. how you solve this? can you explain it?

• 8.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2016 09:01 AM

ArubaAz,

Would you care to post your issues?  The solutions to issues are frequently different for different people.

• 9.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Mar 10, 2016 09:14 AM

ok. thanks for your reply

• 10.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Oct 26, 2016 02:25 AM

Hi All,

I too have same slowness problem in aruba AP.

we are using Remote AP (ARUBA RAP-5WN ) but we are not getting desired BW for client.

Dongel speed is 5Mbps, but clients are getting only 1 mbps speed.

Even we have  tested by connecting only one user to that AP but stil  speed is only 1 mbps.

no issue observed from ISP end.(Dongel)

. We have also check with lan cable through modem to desktop it give 5 mbps and Aruba to Desktop given

1 mbps.

Kindly check and sugges on this issue pls.

Regards,

Raghu

• 11.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 05:08 AM

What version of ArubaOS is this?

Do you have "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" enabled on all of your Virtual APs in that AP Group?

If you have the wired port connected, you should enable "Broadcast Multicast Optimization" on that VLAN of the wired port, as well.

• 12.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Oct 26, 2016 10:54 PM
      |   view attached

hi .

Aruba os version :-6.3.1.15

model :- Aruba3200

There is not check box to enable multicast

Thank you

• 13.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Dec 14, 2016 08:45 PM

Hi All, We have also the same issue, when we connect through LAN, connection is fast, but when we connect on Wi-Fi, connection is very slow, we are running Aruba 6.4.410 version, recently 3 weeks back we upgraded from 6.4.2.10, before 2 days back it was very good, but suddenly, Wi-Fi stated very slow. We have Aruba Controller 7030 and 3200 as master and slave topolgy, and AP93 with AP225 and AP205 mixed and we have almost 300 Clients.

Morning when number of users are less maybe 50, it works fine, as soon as users count increases, slowness occured, there is no issue with LAN connection.

We tried every possible solution, such as connecting directly one client to Controller, rebooting, checked LAN switches still no luck. We have opened case with Aruba, and Aruba Engineer did what possible way he can, but no luck.

Let me know if any other information is required.

Prompt response highly appriciated.

Thanks

• 14.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2016 06:16 AM

What is your ticket# from TAC?  

• 15.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Apr 26, 2017 11:00 PM

Hi Collin, we too have same slowness issue.

we have end user complaints about the slowness when connected to Aruba access points(RAP 225)

can you help us on this

regards

syed

• 16.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2017 11:05 PM

There are many causes for slowness.  You should open your own forum thread and your own TAC case to get to the bottom of this.

• 17.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Mar 21, 2018 09:03 PM

So, I've recently come into an environment that was suffering with WiFi connectivity.

I've gone through and performed some basic cleanup Administration on the WiFi network.  This has helped connectivity immensely, however there are still issues.

AP sitting on a desk or window ledge  (Mounted the APs correctly against the wall and on Ceiling for proper wave propogation).

AP Power settings set to max, causing interference between APs on the same network.

2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radio's turned on (Disabled the 2.4Ghz bandwidth radio).

Type:
    IAP 325

Firmware Version:
    6.4.4.4-4.2.3.0_54225
     min-tx-power 18
     max-tx-power 24
     band-steering-mode force-5ghz

I have PEAP and TTLS Enabled

YES, the environment does sit in an area where there is an oversaturation of SSIDS available, but the signal strength on those are at -90db so I'm not seeing alot of interference from outside signals.

however on occasion, say maybe twice a week, I have issues where connected stations/devices just drop randomly for no reason whatsoever.

There is no over saturation of the newwork as a matter of fact it is really underutilized, the number of connected devices is a MAX, MAX of 24 on any one AP...so this should not be a problem.

I don't have a controller in place, just assigned one of the AP to take Master role and pass the roll to another AP if it becomes unavilable.

Any suggestions where I can turn to look at further isolating these intermittent drops?

Thank you!

• 18.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

Posted Apr 24, 2018 05:31 PM

Hello , has anyone found a solution for this problem? as we are experiencing the same scenario on our Aruba APiN0315 AP's.

• 19.  RE: Aruba Wireless Network very slow

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 05:42 PM

You should open a new thread with your own details so we can give you specific advice.  Many things cause slowness.

@Sherif-Fouad