Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba and Spectralink

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba and Spectralink

Posted Nov 22, 2011 10:56 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm doing collaboration Aruba WLAN solution with Spectralink 8030? I've tried it and experiencing problem showing "Bad code type 30 and expected type 36" on the Spectralink phone.

Have anyone of you ever tried and experincing the same thing with me? Do i miss something in my WLAN config?

Cheers,

Sierra.

• 2.  RE: Aruba and Spectralink

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 11:00 AM

According to the Spectralink HAT handset administration tool this is what it says:

Bad Code Type xx Expected Code Type yy 

- Wireless IP Telephone software does not match current handset license selection. 

Solution : - 

Download new software from the Avaya site per Software Maintenance. 

• 3.  RE: Aruba and Spectralink

Posted Nov 22, 2011 11:05 AM

Thanks Guru!

• 4.  RE: Aruba and Spectralink

Posted Jun 10, 2013 11:58 AM

The firmware type must match the license type.

36 is SIP/WMM, 30 is SRP, others are proprietary based on OEM models.  If you are loading SIP firmware (131.xxx) - change the license type to 36.  If using SRP firmware (122.xxx) keep the license type as 30 (factory default).

The HAT tool makes this easier, but it is possible with just the TFTP server.  Took mine about 20 tries to actually complete using TFTP.  First try on HAT tool succeeded.