Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba controller redirect on via web page

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba controller redirect on via web page

Posted Jan 17, 2014 08:34 AM

Hello,

are playing around with a VIA install, and things seem to be ok. We authenticate, download software and get a profile. ALl looks pretty ok.

Until those MAC users come and destroy our paradise hehe :)

What we are seeing, is that they enter the ip  https://10.10.10.1/via and get automatically redirected to https://10.10.10.1:4343/via.

Consequently their loging fails. ANyone else experienced the same, or is it straight to TAC?

Only happens on MAC users, and they have tried safari, chrome and firefox so far for browsers.

Using 6.3.1.1 on the controller

• 2.  RE: Aruba controller redirect on via web page

Posted Jan 17, 2014 08:48 AM

Have you tried your Mac machines against another controller?   I have PM'd you one to try.

• 3.  RE: Aruba controller redirect on via web page

Posted Jan 17, 2014 08:55 AM

Hello,

yea that controller worked fine. It's running the same code?

• 4.  RE: Aruba controller redirect on via web page

Posted Jan 17, 2014 10:21 AM

that particular one was running 6.2.1.2.

• 5.  RE: Aruba controller redirect on via web page
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 21, 2014 04:59 AM

Found the problem. Having no VIA authentication profile to the web authentication settins caused this. Once I actually added the default via athentication profile, it worked fine. I reset to old software 6.2.1.4 and had the same error, but once a authenticatino profile as added to web authentication, it worked fine. 

• 6.  RE: Aruba controller redirect on via web page

Posted Jan 17, 2014 09:05 AM

You need to look at the "show user", "show rights <user role>", "show datapath session | include <client ip>", "show log security all | include <client ip>, to see what is happening to the client's traffic and why its not working as intended.

Considering the logs you have to correlate and find out the next action, I would recommend you open a TAC ticket with tech-support logs.