Wireless Access

New Contributor

Aruba mobility cluster high value traffic classification

how/when/where is the high value traffic classified by the mobility controller in order to be synchronised to standby cluster member ? can the classification be changed ?

Aruba Employee

Re: Aruba mobility cluster high value traffic classification

High value sessions are only synchronized in an L2-connected cluster of mobility controllers. If the cluster is L3-connected, then sessions can not be synchronized.

The synchronization is automatic for an L2-connected cluster.

High value sessions are TCP connections like FTP. It should be noted that where priority and/or TOS is changed, or the session is DPI-modified, it becomes a high-value session. So voice going through an ALG, for instance, would be high-value.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
New Contributor

Re: Aruba mobility cluster high value traffic classification

Hello Charlie,

My cluster is L2-Connected.

I can see that my FTP sessions are high value session by default. I tried the same with SSH but the sessions are not classified as high value session by default. I then added a policy for the assigned role to change priority / TOS value for all my SSH sessions. The assigment of the priority / TOS value can be seen with sh datapath session and confirms that the policy is working. Unfortunately I can still not see the SSH sessions synchronized to standby or assigned as high value sessions (sh datapath session high-value). We are running version 8.3.0.0.

Thanks for any feedback.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: