Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba "campus all master"

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba "campus all master"

Posted Aug 24, 2016 07:37 AM

Hi,

I am very new with Aruba ( we just purchased).

My qestation is about the "campus all master" in this desiagn with two controllers can i configure two vrrp group the first will be active in  controller A and second on controller B, Half of my AP will point to vrrp 1 (controller A) and controller B will be their backup and and vice versa ?

If it possible, do i need license *2 ( if i have 500 AP, 250 on controller A and 250 on controller B) i need only 500 licens or 1000 license ?

Regards

Rafi

• 2.  RE: Aruba "campus all master"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2016 07:57 AM

If this is for redundancy, you should have a master/backup master design where all APs terminate on a single controller.  When the first controller fails, the APs will fail over to the second controller using the VRRP.  You can turn on centralized licensing, so you will only need to license the controllers for the APs and the licenses will be shared between both controllers automatically.  In this model, the configuration will also be synchronized.

If you use all masters, the configuration will not be synchronized.  if you "salt and pepper" aps between controllers, when users roam betweeen controllers they will be much harder to troubleshoot.  In all master situation, centralized licensing needs to be configured manually.

• 3.  RE: Aruba "campus all master"

Posted Aug 24, 2016 08:38 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

yes this for redundency, as far as i know master/backup need clients also and we have limit budget :(

With all master all AP must be on one controller and seconed will start work only if the fiest one fail ?

Regards

• 4.  RE: Aruba "campus all master"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2016 08:51 AM

@Rafish wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

yes this for redundency, as far as i know master/backup need clients also and we have limit budget :(

With all master all AP must be on one controller and seconed will start work only if the fiest one fail ?

Regards

Whether you choose all masters or master/blackup master it will cost the same to provide full redundancy.

Master/backup - Only the master can terminate clients

All masters - both controllers can have clients at the same but.

The most likely thing to fail is the physical controller and master/backup provides the best solution.

Having all APs on a single controller allows you to know where to go for statistics/troubleshooting.

• 5.  RE: Aruba "campus all master"

Posted Aug 24, 2016 01:58 PM
    Hi,

I understand.
    Thanks again

Regards
    Rafi

נשלח מה-iPhone שלי