Wireless Access

ack
Occasional Contributor II

ArubaOS (5.0.3.3) -> (6.1.3.13)

I've inherited a 3200 (non XM) controller that is currently running 5.0.3.3 code.  Probably a good idea to get it updated.  As far as I can tell I can use 6.1.x.x releases as the latest major branch of code on the non-XM 3200s.  My network only consists of AP-105s.

Can anyone think of a problem with moving moving to 6.1.3.13 on this controller.  Nothing jumped out at me in the release notes PDF.  It's a signifact version jump and I'm only about 2 weeks into my Aruba experience.  There maybe known issues I don't know about. 

Wireless SSIDs deployed:

Currently tunneling all traffic back to controller and sending it to the appropriate VLAN.

WPA-TKIP w/ 802.1x (Server side cert is already trusted on clients)

A guest portal with no encryption

Future plans:

Hoping to turn on control plane security so I can do bridge mode forwarding instead of tunneling traffic.

Deploy WPA2-AES-PSK for some devices.

Deploy WPA2-AES w/ 802.1x with client-side cert check

Anyone know of any issues with the version jump and/or my future plans for wireless network deployments?

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: ArubaOS (5.0.3.3) -> (6.1.3.13)

If you have no issues now, you should be fine.  You could ask TAC to review your tech-support to see if there is anything specific that you are doing that would keep you from upgrading successfully.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Hello,

I have three controllers 3200 running this version and there is a memory problem that makes the controllers crash.. this version is not stable. 

Hope that helps.. 

Guru Elite

Fsaez,

Is there a TAC case open for that?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Nop
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: