Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 6.4.2.4 (Also tested on 6.4.2.3) | WIP & RFP question AD-HOC + NO UCC INFO at all

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 6.4.2.4 (Also tested on 6.4.2.3) | WIP & RFP question AD-HOC + NO UCC INFO at all

Posted Feb 09, 2015 06:18 AM

Hi Guys,

Good morning,

I just deployed aruba controller at one of my sites , and the client asked me to config the WIP module... i did it as alawyas - but , then i we check and notice that AD-HOC devices..even if they marked to be contained - are able to connect (iPhone6 ... keep changing his channles... and also Galaxy NOTE 3 teethring working even due it's marked to be contained)

Detect Ad-HOC is marked

and also Protect aginst ad-hoc + Enahched protection against AD-HOC..but still.

it's seems that the WIP module taking couple of good minutes to see the AD-HOC ..and even after that..it's just no blocking it as needed.

Please advise?

-----------------------

2nd question

-----------------------

UCC just not showing any data...even due that i marked on the Stateful Firewall > Global Settings 

Enable Deep Packet Inspection

Why is that?

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.2.4 (Also tested on 6.4.2.3) | WIP & RFP question AD-HOC + NO UCC INFO at all

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2015 08:11 AM
    UCC dashboard will only show data if calls are detected. Are you trying to detect generic SIP or Lync traffic? 

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.2.4 (Also tested on 6.4.2.3) | WIP & RFP question AD-HOC + NO UCC INFO at all

Posted Feb 09, 2015 08:30 AM
    anything that is VOIP (SIP & LYNC)

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.2.4 (Also tested on 6.4.2.3) | WIP & RFP question AD-HOC + NO UCC INFO at all

Posted Feb 09, 2015 08:39 AM
    and we cant see nothing under the UCC dashboard

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.2.4 (Also tested on 6.4.2.3) | WIP & RFP question AD-HOC + NO UCC INFO at all

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2015 09:05 AM
    You'll need to setup classify media ACLs. Have you taken a look at the Lync VRD? 

• 6.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.2.4 (Also tested on 6.4.2.3) | WIP & RFP question AD-HOC + NO UCC INFO at all

Posted Feb 09, 2015 10:19 AM

OK , And ,Without the ACL (classify media) it will not work? (the ucc?) and i should build insert this ACL to the users ACL.

• 7.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.2.4 (Also tested on 6.4.2.3) | WIP & RFP question AD-HOC + NO UCC INFO at all

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2015 10:22 AM

It may detect some traffic, but classify media ensures that an ALG gets applied and traffic is analyzed.