Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 6.5.4.x User Guide

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 6.5.4.x User Guide

Posted Dec 08, 2018 04:42 PM

Hi pals,

I have some doubts about a paragraph in the metioned user guide. I hope someone could answer my questions and explain me the correct way it works.

On page 516 it says: "Each AP is shipped with a manufacturing image or an Instant image. When the AP is booted up with the manufacturing image, it enters the controller and Instant discovery process to determine if it will be upgraded to the controller-based mode (ArubaOS image) or controller-less mode (Instant image). After the controller, Instant virtual controller (VC), or Activate/AirWave/Central is discovered, the AP image is upgraded accordingly"

Regarding to "Each AP is shipped with a manufacturing image or an Instant image" for APs starting with ArubaOS 6.5.2.0, does it mean that some APs with that version come with "manufacturing image" and the other APs with the same version come with "instant image"? or it means that all APs with that version come with both images included?

Regarding to "When the AP is booted up with the manufacturing image", does it mean that it is possible to boot up the AP with the Instant Imange?, if so, what happens next?

Regarding to "When the AP is booted up with the manufacturing image, it enters the controller and Instant discovery process to determine if it will be upgraded to the controller-based mode (ArubaOS image) or controller-less mode (Instant image)" Does it mean that the AP starts trying to discover a Controller or an IAP cluster to join, and if it does, to see if its image is old and upgrade it according to the working mode?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 6.5.4.x User Guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2018 09:41 PM
    Translation:

Instant 6.5.2 is the first image to support the Universal AP behavior. If you upgrade any Instant AP to 6.5.2 and then factory reset it, it will function as a Universal AP. There are newer AP models that come from the factory as Universal APs.