Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 8.0.1.1 Migration Tool and Stuff

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 8.0.1.1 Migration Tool and Stuff

Posted Mar 24, 2017 12:10 PM

Hi All,

I've migrated a single 7030 controller from 6.5.1.2 to 8.0.1.1 and I've added a mobility master using the migration tool (just to familiarise myself with it).

The migration process was fairly painless but when my controller rebooted after upgrading to 8.0.1.1 it was unresponsive on the network. Another reboot of it seemed to sort it out.

There are a couple of things that doesn't appear quite right though. My existing port channel is missing from the port channel user interface but I can still see port are assigned to it in the port user interface.

portchannel.jpg

My test AP upgraded during the migration and appeared on the controller and I'm able to connect client to SSIDs which are broadcasting. I'm not getting any visibility of the AP or clients on the mobility master though. 

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a couple of thousand for you.

apup.jpg

noclients.jpg

Have I done something wrong here?

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0.1.1 Migration Tool and Stuff

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 01:04 AM

Did you ever get this sorted out man?