Wireless Access

New Contributor

ArubaOS HA Failover after controller recovery.

I have a question about the HA group membership setting in the redundancy configuration. 

I set up a lab with two controllers, one is the master and the other is the local. I have HA failover configured between them for AP Fast Failover, and each controller is set to dual mode in the HA group. I use 2 AP Groups to point half of the APs to the Master for primary, and the other half to the Local for primary. 

Everything works great when one of the controllers goes down (simulated by a reboot). The APs quickly failover to their respective standby controller.

However, when I bring the controller back up, the HA group membership needs to be applied again. All of the HA group settings are there, but the drop down where you choose the HA group is blank, and I need to choose the HA group and apply. Do you need to go into the redundancy settings every time a controller recovers from a reboot, or power failure? If so why?

Thanks!

Re: ArubaOS HA Failover after controller recovery.

Is that the local or the master ?

Did you do a write mem or save configuration before rebooting?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

Did you write mem on the local controller?

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

It happens to the Master or the Local. This happens even after a write mem or save configuration on either one. This is why I find it strange.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: