Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Assigning User Role on the basis of User Name

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Assigning User Role on the basis of User Name

Posted Oct 30, 2013 05:55 AM

Dear Friends,

hope you are doing good. I have deployed captive portal authentication with internalDB as authentication server. The system is working good. Now we want to change little functionality of the system. We want different users get the different user role based on username provided by the users in captive portal page.

I have created few test users with different user role as given below

2.png

the user name "muradali" has created with user role "test" while other users are set to get "guest" role.
     but the problem is that all the users are getting "authenticated" role.

1.png

Please look into it and advice how to resolve it.

• 2.  RE: Assigning User Role on the basis of User Name

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2013 06:24 AM

Did you delete the user from the user-table before reauthenticating after making the role change?

From the CLI:

aaa user delete name muradali

• 3.  RE: Assigning User Role on the basis of User Name
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 30, 2013 07:04 AM

If deleting the user as Tim suggests doesn't work:

Do you have server rules setup to assign the roles?    The Captive Portal profile will assign the default Guest role upon successful logon; looks to be "authenticated" in your setup.   If you want to override this, make sure that you have the server group assigned to the captive portal profile setup with server rules; for example:

Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 7.00.45 AM.png

• 4.  RE: Assigning User Role on the basis of User Name

Posted Oct 30, 2013 09:32 AM

Thanks Clembo,

I forgot to make server rule. I will make it when i will go to the site. Than i will get back to you.