Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Authentication Timers Disabled?

Hi,

I have 2 Aruba Contollers, a 3400 (master) and a 3200 (local) both running 5.0.4.1.

I can change the Authentication Timers on the 3400 through the web interface and console but the options are greyed out/disabled on the 3200. The settings don't appear to be synching.

Is there a way to force the timer settings to sync or some way of manually setting them on the 3200?

Guru Elite

Re: Authentication Timers Disabled?

Which timers are you referring to?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

All of them under Configuration/ Security/Authentication/ Advanced - Authentication Timers.

They all appear locked/greyed out with different values to those that I've set on the master.
Occasional Contributor I

User Idle Timeout is set to 7200 secs on the 3400. It is set at 300 on the 3200 and cannot be changed.
Guru Elite

They can only be set on the master.  They are read-only on a local controller.

To check on the commandline to see if the master and local are in synch type: "show switches" on the master.

To check in the GUI go to Monitoring> All WLAN controllers.  

Also go to the configuration tab on the master and click on save configuration and check again to make sure both controllers are synchronized.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Monitoring> All WLAN controllers. Shows UPDATE SUCCESSFUL and a config sync time of 10secs.

Show switches returns the same info.
Guru Elite

You might be running into a display issue.

If you can ssh to both controllers, type "show aaa timers" on both controllers to determine the correct settings.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Thank you cjoseph.
This is just a display issue in the web gui ... and some mis information from a particular user.

The CLI on the local controller returns the correct values that have been set and sync'd from the master.

Thanks again. The quick response is very much appreciated.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: