Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Authentication issue in a access point

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Authentication issue in a access point

Posted Dec 14, 2017 11:09 AM
      |   view attached

I have an access point in a room . and this access point is working fine before a month suddenly it is not allowing none of the users to connect with the configured SSID . As checked the access point and and virtual controller having one possible error on it that is below ,
    " Too many authentication error (148 retries)" . and i ahve attached the error log snap for the refrence .  

All the users are able to connect with all other AP . and none of the users are connect with the accespoint , which have many authentication errors in it . 

Hope some will help me soon.

• 2.  RE: Authentication issue in a access point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2017 07:19 PM

Is this an instant ap (IAP) or Campus AP?

What version of software are you running?

• 3.  RE: Authentication issue in a access point

Posted Dec 15, 2017 12:42 AM

Yes its a IAP (vc running inside of this AP) and i will share the version soon . could you tell me what is campus AP?

• 4.  RE: Authentication issue in a access point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2017 09:08 AM

It can either be an IAP or a Campus (AP controlled by a controller) AP.   Yours is an IAP (Instant AP).

• 5.  RE: Authentication issue in a access point

Posted Dec 18, 2017 03:32 AM

AP model : 105

Firmware:6.4.2.3-4.1.1.2_48114

I hope i will get the solution asap .

• 6.  RE: Authentication issue in a access point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2017 06:52 AM

That version of code is very old and most likely has bugs.  I would attempt to upgrade to a later version of code here:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/EntryId/20374/Default.aspx

• 7.  RE: Authentication issue in a access point

Posted Jan 02, 2018 09:56 AM

Hi Colin,

As checked i could not find any option to upgrade through VC ( Remotly)
    And i am using IAP 105 model . Hope i have to upgrade this by using console port in the AP but i don't know how to do that,

Can you please send me the manual or the detailed procedure to upgrade the latest firmware of  IAP 105 model ?

• 8.  RE: Authentication issue in a access point

Posted Jan 02, 2018 09:59 AM

The given links shows many firmware files  and i don't know which one is required for me , Can please clarify that also

• 9.  RE: Authentication issue in a access point