Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Authentication issue in a access point

I have an access point in a room . and this access point is working fine before a month suddenly it is not allowing none of the users to connect with the configured SSID . As checked the access point and and virtual controller having one possible error on it that is below ,
" Too many authentication error (148 retries)" . and i ahve attached the error log snap for the refrence .  

All the users are able to connect with all other AP . and none of the users are connect with the accespoint , which have many authentication errors in it . 

Hope some will help me soon.

Guru Elite

Re: Authentication issue in a access point

Is this an instant ap (IAP) or Campus AP?

What version of software are you running?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Yes its a IAP (vc running inside of this AP) and i will share the version soon . could you tell me what is campus AP?

Guru Elite

It can either be an IAP or a Campus (AP controlled by a controller) AP.   Yours is an IAP (Instant AP).

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

AP model : 105

Firmware:6.4.2.3-4.1.1.2_48114

I hope i will get the solution asap .

Guru Elite

That version of code is very old and most likely has bugs.  I would attempt to upgrade to a later version of code here:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/EntryId/20374/Default.aspx

Hi Colin,

As checked i could not find any option to upgrade through VC ( Remotly)
And i am using IAP 105 model . Hope i have to upgrade this by using console port in the AP but i don't know how to do that,

Can you please send me the manual or the detailed procedure to upgrade the latest firmware of  IAP 105 model ?

The given links shows many firmware files  and i don't know which one is required for me , Can please clarify that also

Guru Elite

You can try to upgrade from the Firmware here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=25165

Screenshot 2018-01-02 at 09.16.30.png

Upgrading instructions are here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_42_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm?_ga=1.43038629.1615771646.1440445030#UG_files/IAP_maintenance/Firmware_Image_Server_in.htm?Highlight=upgrade

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: