Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Auto back up Visual RF in Aruba Airwave

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Auto back up Visual RF in Aruba Airwave

Posted Jul 07, 2017 03:36 AM

We recently encountered a problem which we noticed only while we upgraded the Airwave to new version ( 8.2.3.1) that is Visual RF file got corrupted to crashed,  not able to found in any of the previos version files and couldnt reproduce the Visalu RF.

Luckyl one of the local IT engg did a manual backup months back and able to retrieve it.

Manual backup of the file is not feasible at all time and would like to know any way to auto backup the Visual RF in Airwave.

Please share your knowledge and ideas on how this could make possible.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Auto back up Visual RF in Aruba Airwave

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 07, 2017 03:58 AM

Hey, I know there is a way to create a cronjob with run the below on a X basis and then SCP it off. Unfortunately I'm not to familial with Linux enough and creating scripts :(

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/How-to-get-Visualrf-backup-from-CLI/ta-p/267399

• 3.  RE: Auto back up Visual RF in Aruba Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2017 04:35 AM

Hi Riyas,

LOG from nightly_backup log.

Thu Jul  6 09:00:05 2017:: Starting VisualRF backup ...
    Thu Jul  6 09:00:52 2017:: Backup filename visualrf_backup_Aruba-Airwave.zip, in dir /var/airwave-backup/visualrf.
    Thu Jul  6 09:01:15 2017:: Successfully completed VisualRF backup!
    (starting tar)

Dafault airwave will take visualrf backup along with Airwave backup and store it in /var/aiwave-bacup/visualf dirctory, we dont need to run the visualrf script manually or configure any cronjob.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query give kudos:)