Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi

Posted Jan 03, 2017 03:47 AM

A happy new you airheads,

At a customer I`ve built up a test station consisting of Controller 7010 and AP-225 to provide the guests a free wifi.

It also works everything wonderfully, however, it is quite different how the clients behave. The following procedure would be required:

Access the open WiFi -> automatically open the captive portal -> enter the access data which the guest receives as a voucher -> and be happy.

However, it is currently the case for most devices:

Open WiFi -> and here is nothing more, only when the user himself open a webbrowser, the Captive Portal also opened and he has the possibility to enter his access data from the Voucher.

Is this a setting thing? Can`t this automation be archieved because of the amount of different Clients? What irritates me, 2x iPhone 6 with iOS10.2 and with the one came the Captive Portal by itself, with the other the same behavior as with most end devices currently.

Thanks in advance for your support.

• 2.  RE: Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 04:12 AM

Are you using an internal captive portal on the controller or an external captive portal?

• 3.  RE: Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi

Posted Jan 03, 2017 04:14 AM

Hallo Colin Joseph, i`m using the internal captive portal of the controller. Controller is also on latest firmware.

• 4.  RE: Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 04:36 AM

Do you have a custom captive portal enabled?  Unless you have the apple-cna-bypass option enabled, the captive portal should come up:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/aaa_authentication_captive.htm?Highlight=apple-cna-bypass

• 5.  RE: Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi

Posted Jan 12, 2017 01:53 PM

@d4mn Were you able to find a resolution based on @cjoseph suggestions?

• 6.  RE: Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi

Posted Jan 13, 2017 09:07 AM

@JamieE yes, thanks for your answer. I accepted the provided solution now. Have a nice weekend

• 7.  RE: Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi