Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

Posted Jul 31, 2013 08:17 AM

I am wondering wether Airwave can output the following report

July 2013

# of APs

Average Daily Sessions

Building A

Building B

Building C

Building D

Building E

Building F

Building G

Building H

The 'Client Session: Summary' gives me what I need but that is for all the buildings and groups and folders.

Is there no way (without having to do separate reports), to have this summary broken down by Folder?

• 2.  RE: Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2013 09:33 AM

Try using the "Device Summary" report vs the client session.  When you run that report, you will get a breakdown of usage and clients per folder.

• 3.  RE: Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2013 09:37 AM

Also, in the client session, there is a checkbox in the report definition settings for Top clients by folder

• 4.  RE: Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

Posted Jul 31, 2013 09:54 AM
    Thanks Seth for the info. The Device Summary report is more what I am looking for but does not summarize for average sessions but more MAX concurrent clients connected per device.
    I am looking for a breakdown by building folder and an average of client sessions.

The top clients is great but is not an average...

• 5.  RE: Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2013 02:53 PM

I vote that it's a feature request.

Aaron (also in QA) suggests trying the Network Usage report (it's got an option to display usage and client count on a per folder basis).  It will have additional displayed aggregates depending on the layers of folders you have since it starts at Top and works it's way down the folder list.

• 6.  RE: Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

Posted Aug 01, 2013 03:05 PM

I think this looks fantastic. I will confirm on Monday when I present my data to my supervisor.

I am hoping this covers it

• 7.  RE: Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

Posted Aug 05, 2013 10:24 AM

Not exactly what were looking for as the data is not presented in tabular format.

We get pretty graphs but not direct numbers.

• 8.  RE: Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

Posted Aug 08, 2013 02:48 PM

This is doable if Airwave provides a raw data session report summary which reports on every sessions summary detail as one line item with other good relevant information such as connected AP, controller, signal strength (RSSI), Signal Quality (SNR), Client username, association time, connection duration, map location, SSID & Radio Type and you can generate a report on daily basis to collect the raw data required on daily basis. With the daily raw data report, one can then use the XML query to get the data out and you can easily massage the data according to your needs. 

Regarding the sessions information, it would be more useful to use a rolling past 7days data rather than a daily summary because, it will span through the two non-working days and number should be more consistent assuming there is no big change in the way the wireless is being used. With the daily raw data, one can easily do the past 7days numbers if you want. Once you have the raw data, it's all upto you how you look at the data. 

Just my 2 cents.

-Tan

• 9.  RE: Average Daily Sessions broken down by building or floor

Posted Aug 08, 2013 03:06 PM
    Love your $0.02

Being able to differentiate weekdays from weekends is key as well.

Pasquale Monardo - Network Solutions Consultant
    514-385-4448 x204

[DV]
    5275 Queen Mary
    Montreal, Quebec
    H3W 1Y3
    Local: (514) 385-2547 Fax: (514) 385-6660 Toll Free: 1-855-385-2547
    Notice: This message is confidential and privileged. If you are not the addressee, please inform the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete this message and destroy all copies.
    Avis : Ce message est confidentiel et prot?g? par le secret professionnel. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire, veuillez informer l'exp?diteur par courrier ?lectronique imm?diatement et effacer ce message et en d?truire toute copie