Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

BW Contract for Remote Sites

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  BW Contract for Remote Sites

Posted Nov 03, 2014 12:07 PM

I need some assistance with setting up a BW Contract for Remote Sites.  We have three SSIDs being broadcasted.  An Executive (MAC Based Authentication), Associate (LDAP Portal) and Guest (Amigopod).  We would like to continue to broadcast these SSIDs at our remote sites but restrict bandwidth to less than what is available for the campus.

The Executive and Guest are both using the same User Role with a bandwidth restriction of Up: 512Kbps (per user) and Down: 1.5Mbps (per user).  The Associate SSID's User Role is set up as Up: 50Mbps (per role) and Down: 50Mbps (per role).

I know it is possible to use per AP group but I'm not sure what the specfic settings are.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: BW Contract for Remote Sites

Posted Nov 03, 2014 12:47 PM

What version of AOS are you using ?

In 6.3 or 6.4 you should be able to apply it under the User-Role

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 9.45.48 AM.png

You have to be careful when you apply this for an AP-group because that means that all users attached to that AP will only have available that amount of bandwidht which could really impact the wireless performance.

You are probably better off doing it by user or role.

How do you have your VAP configured ? Tunnel or Split-Tunnel

You could have it set to split tunnel so that not all the traffic comes back to HQ and the internet related traffic will stay local.

• 3.  RE: BW Contract for Remote Sites

Posted Nov 03, 2014 01:32 PM

We are running 6.1 but have plans to upgrade to 6.3 early next year.  All Internet traffic from our remote sites go out our Data Center where the Wireless controllers are located.  What I am trying to do is create a User Role for the remotes sites that is Per AP Group with a Bandwidth Contract of 2-5 Mbps and leave the current User Roles just for our campus APs.  Will this be achievable or will I need to create seperate SSIDs for our remote sites?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: BW Contract for Remote Sites

Posted Nov 03, 2014 02:31 PM

You need to do the following :

- New Roles (apply the bandwidth contract to these)

- New AAA Profile using the new Roles

- New Virtual-AP using the new AAA Profile

- Keep the same SSID-Profile