Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Back-up local controller

Dear Sirs,

Just wonder if VLANs' opertion state of a back-up local controller stay down before it's failed over. If not, what could be happening and what's remedy of it. Thanks for answer in advance.

Curiosity

Guru Elite

Re: Back-up local controller

Please be more specific.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Hi Joseph,

Let me try if I can make it specific. In the "show vlan status", I am seeing the Operstate is "down" for all vlans in a local backup controller B while vlans are "up" for same vlans in the master controller A. To my knowledge, vrrp is running on these two controllers and GRE tunnels are from other controllers to one or both. I just wonder if vlans are staying down till it's failed over. Thanks,

Guru Elite

A vlan marked down unless (1) it is assigned to an interface that is up or (2) there is a user in that VLAN.  To make it always up in that situation, do this:

config t

interface vlan x

operstate up

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

A vlan marked down unless (1) it is assigned to an interface that is up or (2) there is a user in that VLAN.  To make it always up in that situation, do this:

config t

interface vlan x

operstate up

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: