Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Backhaul indoor AP 210

Hello Dears,

I want to confirm, we can backhaul indoor AP 210 in a mesh with 5Ghz like outdoor AP's, right?

If so, then what is the recommended number of backhauled indoor AP's per cluster, for an average goodput of ~ 12 Mbps per AP?

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Backhaul indoor AP 210

Is this indoors or outdoors?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

The first part is yse, the second part answer would need lots more information, like what is the channel bandwidth (20/40/80Mhz), is the channel clear, what type of client traffic, is the 5Ghz going to be dedicated to mesh and there will be no clients on the 5Ghz radios, etc?

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Frequent Contributor I

Hello,

Channel Bandwidth will be 20Mhz, and as far as I know, each Radio could be used either for Access or Backhauling, right?

So, if we used 5Ghz for backhauling, we;ve remained with 2.4Ghz for Access.

With 20Mhz, 800ni Guard, and AP 210 (3x3 MIMO), we can get upto 195 Mbps throughput, that should give around 80 Mbps goodput (Allowing some derating).

So, it should be fine here, if 5Ghz Signal is clear for backhauling, right?

Thanks.

Range and all that notwithstanding, I would budget for 60Mbps to give yourself some headroom unless you're sure these APs will be withint 10-15ft of each other, etc. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: