Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Backup licensing server

In a Centralized licensing model where I have a master and backup licensing server, does the backup licensing server need any licenses installed on it ?

For example, if my master license server has 512 licenses, and my backup license server has 0, when my master fails, will those 512 be available on the backup license server ?

Thanks,

Lee

Guru Elite

Re: Backup licensing server

yes

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

The reason for my question is that I'm seeing something strange on my backup license server.

I have a master license server with 12 licenses on, and 0 on my backup.   I also have 1 license client controller configured as a Master controller.

The license client controller has 0 licenses installed and 2 AP's connected.

When both my license controllers are up, I see the master license server show 2 licenses in use and 10 remaining.

If I shut down my master license controller, the backup license controller shows 2 licenses in use and 0 remaining.  I would have expected it to show 10 remaining.

Also, on my license client controller,  (whilst the master license controller is down), it's license table shows Server Lic = 12, Used Lic. = 2, remaining Lic. = 12

Is what I'm seeing correct or is there something wrong in my configuration ?

Thanks

Guru Elite

Are any licenses built-in to the master? You can purchase a 650 with 8 licenses built in... Those built in licenses are not added to the pool.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

None of the controllers have built-in licenses,  they are all 3200XM's.  The licenses were added manually by myself.

Also, I just edited my previous post after you responded, to add addtional info as to what I'm seeing on my license client table.  Would appreciate your thoughts on that as well

Cheers

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: