02-27-2012 02:45 PM
LEt say i got a Aruba 620 Controller
I get an Aruba 650 Controller
I want that the new Aruba be the master in this master-local scenario
Right now the 620 controller is the master
the 650 got no config its on factory default
There is a way to backup and restore just the profiles and i manually configure the part of the networking so i dont have ton configure the profiles i the new Wireless controller?
As i wont be able to backup and upload the full config.
Does anyone know a way to do it otherway besides manually configuring all the thing in the new aruba manually?
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-27-2012 02:50 PM
You could make the 650 a backup master first. That way it gets the config from the 620. Once you are satisfied that everything has synchronized properly, you could then make the 620 a local to the 650.
That's probably what I would do.
02-27-2012 03:28 PM
Following are the steps to achieve the swap
1. Create a VRRP instance between 620 and 650 with 620 being the master
On 620 controller
priority 255 -> this will make sure that this is the master always
ip address <vrrp ip address>
vlan <vlan id>
On 650 controller
The same commands as above but do not enter the command to set the priority
Default priority is set to 100
2. Configure master-redundancy between the two controllers 620 - master / 650 - standby
On both controllers
On both controllers
master-vrrp <vrrp id>
peer-ip-address <peer-ip> ipsec <ipsec-key>
3. Configure database synchronize and set the period to 1 minute, so that it syncs the database every 1 minute.
database synchronize period 1
4. Also, sysnchronize the rf-data-plan if you have one
database synchronize rf-plan-data
Once the Sync is complete, check the databases on 650 controller to make sure it has all the information.
5. Remove master-redundancy
6. Remove VRRP
7. Configure master-ip on the 620 controller and point it to the IP address of 650 controller
8. Configure local-ip on the 650 controller and point it to the IP address of 620 controller.