Wireless Access

Contributor I

Bandwidth Contracts for Guest Users on Aruba 7010

we are trying to configure bandiwth contract (Upload- 5 Mbps, Download- 5 Mbps) for each Guest SSID users on Aruba 7010.

we have configired upstream and downstream bandwith on Auth-Guest Role as a per user basis. but users connected to Guest SSID still getting full bandwidth (more than allowed /configured).

OS Version: 6.5.4.3

pls help me.

Guru Elite

Re: Bandwidth Contracts for Guest Users on Aruba 7010

You need to apply it to the role the user gets after the user authnticates.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

HI cjoseph,

yes we apply bandwidth contract on Post Authenticated Role (Auth-Guest)

please refer the attachement (for our wlc have OS Version: 6.5.4.3, view is different, but on same role we have applied).

Guru Elite

Do you have more than one controller?  If yes, did you do a "save configuration" or write mem?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Hi we have only one controller.
Yes we save the configuration(save configuration/write memory)
Guru Elite

Please SSH into the controller and type "show user" and make sure that the user, after the user is authenticated ends up in that role.  After that, type "show rights <role>" to make sure that the bandwidth contract is applied.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: