Wireless Access

New Contributor

Basic difference between Instant 8.3 and Aruba Instant 6.5?

Forgive me for being a Aruba newbie- we have several Airwave managed clusters (AP315's), that are running 6.5.x firmware. I was looking to upgrade and found a version 8.3 variant of Aruba Instant. What's the difference between the two versions of Aruba Instant? Meaning is there a particular reason to run one or the other version? From what I can determine 8.3 has a longterm EOL, the 6.5 is EOL Aug 2022.

Guru Elite

Re: Basic difference between Instant 8.3 and Aruba Instant 6.5?

Have you already read the release notes, under "What's new"?  There is too much to copy and paste here, so I will just attach them.

If you already read the release notes, do you have any questions about them?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted

6.5 is current Instant software version. 8.3 has just been released weeks ago, and the 8.x versions will be where the new features will be developed. Over time, you should consider moving to 8.x.

For now, if you have a stable 6.x deployment, I would upgrade to the latest version in 6.x, unless you need features that are only in 8.3 as described in the release notes.  

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
New Contributor

Thanks to all for the replies. You answered my question.

Occasional Contributor II

Regarding this topic,

I've got some 205 (not compatible with IAP 8.X). If I buy the new instant hardware (e.g 325), can I have these APs on the same cluster?

Thanks in advance.

Guru Elite

Your cluster would have to run on 6.5.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: