Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Basic rate mismatch

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Basic rate mismatch

Posted Feb 22, 2017 05:55 AM

Hi,

We have 7210 controller with latest AOS.

Here are hp and colubris wcb-200 legacy client bridges on the wireless network.

All hp client bridges are successfully associate with AP but some Colubris client bridges showing error message "Basic rate mismatch" on g radio(If static radio configured on client bridge).

If i kept radio mode "Auto" client bridge start associating with "a" radio, once asssociate that start data transfer on "g" radio.

If we reboot that client bridge that won't associate.

Below are the basic rate and data rate setting on SSID

802.11a Basic Rates                               6 12 24
    802.11a Transmit Rates                            6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54
    802.11g Basic Rates                               1 2
    802.11g Transmit Rates                            1 2 5 6 9 11 12 18 24 36 48 54

Can some one please guide me which data rate i need to enable for a, b, and g radio.

Or how to identify on which basic rate other colubris client are connected.

Thank You..

• 2.  RE: Basic rate mismatch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 06:19 AM

Those look like the default data rates.  Unfortunately, there is nothing in the logs that says what specific basic rates a client is operating.  You would have to do a packet capture to observe what is possibly wrong..

• 3.  RE: Basic rate mismatch

Posted Feb 22, 2017 06:24 AM

The datasheet for the colubris wcb-200 shows:

colubris.jpg

• 4.  RE: Basic rate mismatch

Posted Feb 22, 2017 06:49 AM

Hi,

I have done packet capture on aruba controller for colubris client bridge but there is successful authentication related information but Colubris logs showing "Basic rate mismatch"

Controller act like pass through mode. Authentication done by Radius, client have static IP configured.

Hi James,

I have Colubris client bridge data sheet but still i am not sure which basic rate need to enable on controller.

I guess, there is an impact if i enabled all basic rate on controller.

I need specific basic rate info, how to identify.

Colubris client could not provide detail info in debug log about exact basic rate.

Thank You...

• 5.  RE: Basic rate mismatch

Posted Feb 22, 2017 10:58 PM
    Hi,

Try adding basic rates 1,2,5,6,11 and 12 for g band and check

• 6.  RE: Basic rate mismatch

Posted Feb 23, 2017 08:12 PM

Hi,

I tried above-suggested rate but still b and g radio not associate with AP.

Is there any command to know client request for basic rates so i can identify.

Thank You..

• 7.  RE: Basic rate mismatch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 06:32 AM

Hi,

If you have a macbook, you can collect OTA capture when connecting the colubris and verify what rates it support.

You can find the steps to collect OTA capture using macbook at the below link,
    http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-take-Over-the-Air-OTA-capture-using-MacBook/ta-p/267174