Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Best and Maximum height AP277 -AP275

Hello Team,

Can anyone please help me to understand what is the maximum  and the best reccomended height for AP277 and AP255.

For example if i install them at 10 meter a mobile phone will be able to receive good signal but will be ableto reach back the access point ?

Thank you

Re: Best and Maximum height AP277 -AP275

10m is fine for AP height for both the 275 and 277. Over 10m, with the 277, you will want to downtil the 277 5 deg for every 5m above 10m (so if you install at 20m AGL, you would need to downtilt 10deg)

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer

Thanks for your response but will the signal from a mobile phone be able to reach the AP that is in 10 or 20 meter height because the antenna from the mobile is not so powerfull. If i install them in 3 meter height will i have any issues ? Thank you again

10m height is fine, 20m will work but signal will be slightly less. Yes a mobile phone will work. I routinely do testing from a 275 out to 200m and still have string signal. For 277, if you wall mount or pole mount the directional, at 20m you would want 10deg of downtilt.

Jerrod Howard

Hello, If i place them in less than 10 meters height for example 3meter will be fine ? or will i have any issues ? Because i want also to have high density not only coverage and if i place them too high the cell going to big. Thank you.

3-10m AGL is fine.

Jerrod Howard
Frequent Contributor I

Hi All,

What about the height for AP-365 as this AP have builtin Omni-directional Antennas. The buildings height where we are going to deploy these APs are around 13 meters.

At that height, if you are looking for HD coverage, then 277 is better. If user count will be 50 or less, 367 will be fine. What is the evironment, total users in the area, etc?

Jerrod Howard
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: