Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Best auth mode

Hi

i have an new building with some med carts  , and i need to configure my 7205 controller with my AP 205

i would like to know what is the recommended way of authentication and also the easiest to configure 

( in the past i had cert server and radius...it wasnt easy to manage it , this is why i am looking for other way to connect 

thanks 

TK

Guru Elite

Re: Best auth mode

You should use whatever authentication methods are recommended by the Med Cart manufacturer.  What is the operating system?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Also, consider working with your Aruba partner to design an authentication architecture that works across platforms and is easy to manage. 

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

Hi

80% are windows 7 and few still old XP machines , all of them are at workgroup , not join to a domain 

if i would like to use LDAP do i need another server like radius , or i could use only the controler ?

thanks 

Guru Elite

If they are not joined to the domain, it is going to be painful to configure all of those computers.  You probably can only do WPA2-AES-PSK

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Hi

so the only way is with user/password ? (local db)

Guru Elite

How many carts do you have?  It is difficult to configure carts for username and password authentication if they are not part of a domain...

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

i have a round 100 carts

its not a problem to get one by one , i will do it step by step 

i saw that i can run LDAP , if i will create each cart a user on the AD do i need anything more ?

Guru Elite

Using LDAP will force you to install custom software on each cart.  I would engage a consultant to tell you the best way to deploy all of your carts.  I can tell you what you should do, but a consultant will work directly with you to make sure that everything is considered.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: