Wireless Access

Regular Contributor II

Best way to consolidate licenses?

We originally started with a 500 device license.  A while back we added 50.  I believe that was before Aruba had the option to consolidate licenses on the licensing site.  I ended up wiping out the original 500 and just having a 50 license.having to call TAC and eventually they ended up creating a new license for 550 devices.

I think another issue may be the way the reseller(s) creates the order.  Sometimes they use "And" in the company name and other times they use "&"

Now I'm ready to add another 50 device license.  I don't believe I ever received a certificate ID from the previously consolidated 550 license, so I don't think I can use that feature on the site.  Actually don't even see a certificate ID from our original order, just a license key via email.  I do have the certificate ID from the subsequent 50 license purchases.

What's the best way to get my server up to 600 licenses without creating any downtime or loss of functionality?

Guru Elite

Re: Best way to consolidate licenses?

As far as I know the only way to do this is to contact TAC and have them merge the licenses.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Regular Contributor II

Thanks.  I'll email tomorrow and hopefully won't take too long to get it taken care of.

You can consolidate or split AirWave license keys using https://licensing.arubanetworks.com

1. Login

2. My AirWave tab

3. Consolidate AirWave licenses

This requires knowing the certificate IDs for your licenses.  Otherwise you'll have to follow the TAC route.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
MVP

Unless TAC has done a merge for you in the past.

So far we haven't been able to get the merged license into the license management site.

By "we" I mean "me asking TAC" of course ;)

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Regular Contributor II

Correct, but the merge via TAC was a painless procedure - 2 emails and it was finished.

MVP

yep, that is my experience also, TAC handles this superb.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: