Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Best way to manage a port group

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Best way to manage a port group

Posted Jan 30, 2013 08:06 AM

In the process of implementing Aruba switches, currently all 3500's on the 7.1.32 release.  We have been using port groups to apply the needed settings to an interface, I think this is a great idea but am having a bit of trouble managing this.  Seems like if I do the following,

interface-group gigabitethernet "Vlan 2 Portfast"

apply to 1/0/20

Seems that the list that the group config is apply'd to get replaced and not appended to. This makes it a bit tricky sometimes as I would have to pull the current applied to list and kind of paste it into the command while adding a new port.  I also tried using an interface sub-if and applying group membership but that did not seem to be possible.

Anyone have any tips for me?

• 2.  RE: Best way to manage a port group
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2013 09:56 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately up until AOS 7.1.3.2, the only way to add ports is to re-apply the full list of ports you wanted to add as you noted below.

With respect to minimizing the time figuring out what ports are allocated to a group, you can use "show interface-group-config gigabitethernet <group-name>" or "show running-config | begin <group-name>".

I'm happy to report we enhanced the "apply-to" command in AOS 7.2 so that you can now use operators like "add" and "remove" to easily add ports as needed.

(ArubaS2500-48P) (gigabitethernet "default") #apply-to ?
    <interface-list>        Replaces the existing list with new list. Enter
                            valid interface group members in ascending order
                            i.e. 0/0/1-0/0/5,0/0/10,0/0/21-0/0/25, max 255 chars
    add                     Add interfaces to the current list
    remove                  Remove interfaces from the current list

Best regards,

Madani

• 3.  RE: Best way to manage a port group

Posted Feb 01, 2013 10:58 AM

Thanks,   Will be doing the 7.2 update shortly, looks like there are lots of nice new features.