Wireless Access

New Contributor

Best way to manage a port group

In the process of implementing Aruba switches, currently all 3500's on the 7.1.32 release.  We have been using port groups to apply the needed settings to an interface, I think this is a great idea but am having a bit of trouble managing this.  Seems like if I do the following,

interface-group gigabitethernet "Vlan 2 Portfast"

apply to 1/0/20

Seems that the list that the group config is apply'd to get replaced and not appended to. This makes it a bit tricky sometimes as I would have to pull the current applied to list and kind of paste it into the command while adding a new port.  I also tried using an interface sub-if and applying group membership but that did not seem to be possible.

Anyone have any tips for me?

Aruba

Re: Best way to manage a port group

Hi,

Unfortunately up until AOS 7.1.3.2, the only way to add ports is to re-apply the full list of ports you wanted to add as you noted below.

With respect to minimizing the time figuring out what ports are allocated to a group, you can use "show interface-group-config gigabitethernet <group-name>" or "show running-config | begin <group-name>".

I'm happy to report we enhanced the "apply-to" command in AOS 7.2 so that you can now use operators like "add" and "remove" to easily add ports as needed.

(ArubaS2500-48P) (gigabitethernet "default") #apply-to ?
<interface-list>        Replaces the existing list with new list. Enter
                        valid interface group members in ascending order
                        i.e. 0/0/1-0/0/5,0/0/10,0/0/21-0/0/25, max 255 chars
add                     Add interfaces to the current list
remove                  Remove interfaces from the current list

Best regards,

Madani

New Contributor

Re: Best way to manage a port group

Thanks,   Will be doing the 7.2 update shortly, looks like there are lots of nice new features.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: