01-27-2014 01:22 PM
We were using 184.108.40.206 just fine with our Ortronics OR-61 (AP-61) wireless APs just fine. This morning I upgraded to 220.127.116.11 and the OR-61 is no longer supported or working. Just a warning if anyone else out there still has some Ortronics OR-61 APs in service do NOT upgrade to 18.104.22.168.
01-28-2014 02:35 AM
The end of sale/end of life notice here: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/support/EOL_Ortro
Aruba Customer Engineering
Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
03-14-2014 10:52 AM
How did you resolve this issue? We upgraded, and the or-ap-61's will not check in even after reverting the controllers back to the working code.
Now I cannot get them back up at all.
03-14-2014 11:14 AM - edited 03-14-2014 11:15 AM
We replaced all the failed APs with new ones we had on hand for a different project.
I was able to take one of the OR-AP-61 and via local serial console commands boot the Old 22.214.171.124 code and then it would revert back to a working AP. You will have to interrupt the AP boot process then purge the Environment variables on the AP. Then you can add the environment variables back to force the load of the 126.96.36.199 code from the tftp on the controller. It was a painful process but as long as the controller had 188.8.131.52 running the AP would roll back. Then you had to re-provision the AP as the AP had lost all the provisioning parameters.
03-14-2014 10:15 PM
Thanks for the reply! We used soe to get into the connection on the AP's however even after purging, the OS image remained on the same 184.108.40.206 code.
If anyone else has this issue, it was resolved by doing the following:
Interupt the boot, make sure the controller running working code is listed as the serverip by running
If it is not you can set it with
*where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the controller
After it is set run
The problem was that after doing this if the AP's rebooted again, they would revert back to the 220.127.116.11 code. This was fixed by running tftpboot again, then running the following from ssh on the controller:
flashap ip-addr x.x.x.x
where x.x.x.x is the the IP address of the ap.
The good thing about this was that I did not have to purge the AP's so I did not have to reprovision.
Hope this saves someone some time in the future.