Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Blackberry Z10 connecting to Arbua Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Blackberry Z10 connecting to Arbua Controller

Posted Mar 26, 2013 12:54 AM

Hi.. anyone having issue connecting a Blackberry Z10 using WPA2 EAP, PEAP, MSCHAPV2 via 802.1x authentication. I keep having the error authentication failed but when using the same login on other devices, it works.

• 2.  RE: Blackberry Z10 connecting to Arbua Controller

Posted Mar 26, 2013 08:56 AM

What does the Radius server have for log entries during this failure?   Is the Blackberry trying to validate the certificate on the Radius server?  Does it have it as a trusted authority?

• 3.  RE: Blackberry Z10 connecting to Arbua Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2013 09:37 AM

My Z10 connected to our secure EAP-PEAP SSID with no issues and I did not have to load or verify a server cert. 

• 4.  RE: Blackberry Z10 connecting to Arbua Controller

Posted Mar 27, 2013 04:36 AM

I am using the local user-db as authentication. We are not using any domain controller or radius server.

• 5.  RE: Blackberry Z10 connecting to Arbua Controller

Posted Mar 27, 2013 04:53 AM
      |   view attached

This is my settings. On older BB, it can work when I enable the "Disable Server Certificate Validation" on the wireless profile. However on Z10, there is no such setting.

• 6.  RE: Blackberry Z10 connecting to Arbua Controller

Posted Mar 27, 2013 05:43 AM

Is the device type being recognised as Win 7 for Z10?

• 7.  RE: Blackberry Z10 connecting to Arbua Controller

Posted Mar 27, 2013 07:21 AM

I don't have much experience with Blackbery clients, and this may not be a long term solution, but just to see if it works you can try this.

If you don't have an external Radius server, then you have the controller doing 802.1X termination.   If you look at the dot1x authentication profile, you can confirm what certificate is being used.   Try loading this certificate onto the Z10 and using it as the "CA Certificate" (again, I don't have a lot of Blackberry experience, so i am not sure of this process to load the certificate, but I am sure it is documented).

It is the Server-Certificate entry under the Advanced tab of the 802.1X Authentication profile in use.

• 8.  RE: Blackberry Z10 connecting to Arbua Controller

Posted Mar 27, 2013 07:23 AM

@clembo thanks. will give it a try when i can get hold of my colleague's device.