Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Blacklist by MAC address

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Blacklist by MAC address

Posted May 28, 2014 10:08 AM

Is there a way to block a MAC address that attempts to connect to our wireless system?? Aruba 650 controller (6.1.3.7)

• 2.  RE: Blacklist by MAC address
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2014 10:12 AM

In order to permanently blacklist a client (across controller reboots), you will need AOS 6.2

You can blacklist the client using the following command:

stm add-blacklist-client <mac address>

Once you are on AOS 6.2+, you can run the following command to change the blacklist timer to permanent:

(config) #ap ap-blacklist-time 0

• 3.  RE: Blacklist by MAC address

Posted May 28, 2014 10:31 AM

I updated to 6.2 and ran the 1st command and notice it counting down from an hour under Monitoring>Blacklist Clients.. then ran the second command and saved the config and still see the timer counting down

• 4.  RE: Blacklist by MAC address
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2014 10:33 AM
    After running that second command, re-add the client using the first command.

• 5.  RE: Blacklist by MAC address

Posted May 28, 2014 10:35 AM

that did it!  thanks!

• 6.  RE: Blacklist by MAC address

Posted May 22, 2017 08:27 PM

Are there REST APIs to interact with Clearpass server that we can add/remove endpoint to/from blacklist by its IP or MAC address? 

• 7.  RE: Blacklist by MAC address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 08:38 PM

Which blacklist are you referring to? This thread is about the controller's blacklist.

• 8.  RE: Blacklist by MAC address

Posted Sep 13, 2017 10:49 AM

I'm interested in a way to blacklist a client on the controller (mimicing the CLI command) via API. The API requires IP address which won't work for us - I'd like to just specify MAC address.

• 9.  RE: Blacklist by MAC address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 05:45 AM