Wireless Access

Branch Smart Config - Branch Config Group

I am working to setup a 7010 Branch Controller with ZTP. The Branch Config Group is being generated on a 7210 Master controller.

One requirement in the Branch Config Group is to create a VLAN, set an address on the VLAN and configure the VLAN on the controller. I cannot seem to get this to work. I cannot find an option to set an IP on the VLAN, my only options are DHCP-POOL and DHCP-CLIENT. When I then try to assign the VLAN to the Controller IP, I get an error..

.....Static or internal IP address must be configured for controller VLAN interface

I cannot seem to get past this. This is preventing my from Validating the conffiguration. 

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Aruba Employee

Re: Branch Smart Config - Branch Config Group

You can assign an IP address to a VLAN in two ways.

1. Static

2. DHCP

For Static IP assignment, you need to choose Static for "IP Address Management" when creating the branch config group and upload the CSV config file. I believe, you have choosen Dynamic for the "IP Address Management" while creating the branch config group. So only IP can be assigned to the VLAN only by DHCP.

Select dhcp-pool for IP assignment. Click on the "Routing" tab. Create a DHCP pool for the VLAN. The first IP of the subnet will be assigned to the VLAN interface. 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
CWNA | CWSP | CWAP | CWDP | ACMP
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: