Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Bridge Mode Connectivity Issues

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Bridge Mode Connectivity Issues

Posted Aug 16, 2012 12:03 AM

I've setup a RAP-5 port for bridge mode.  I want the device connected to the bridged port to have unrestricted access to the Internet.  In my testing I can not get the bridged device talking to anything external to the RAP.  As a sidenote, I know that the bridged device is reachable on the RAP by wireless clients in the split-tunnel policy I setup.

I can't post the config at the moment, but here is basically what I've setup:

Port 4 is in bridged mode.

Default role for the anything connected to port 4 is "authenticated" (confirmed the device receives this role when connected).

RAP is setup to provide DHCP for the bridged unit (confirmed device receives IP, SM, DG, and receives DNS server from upstream router).

I've checked the firewall state of the RAP and it is allowing the traffic that the bridged device transmits which is why I'm so baffled.

Do I need a src NAT policy for bridge mode traffic egressing the RAP?  Thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Bridge Mode Connectivity Issues

Posted Aug 16, 2012 01:10 AM

i guess that your firewall policy in the authenticated role is "any any any permit". If this is the case then change it to "user any any route src-nat"

Also take a look at the Aruba Remote Access Point (RAP) Networks (esp. chapter 18) VRD available at www.arubanetworks.com/vrd

Regards,

Sathya

• 3.  RE: Bridge Mode Connectivity Issues

Posted Aug 16, 2012 12:30 PM

That is correct.  I will make the change and report back the results.

• 4.  RE: Bridge Mode Connectivity Issues

Posted Sep 01, 2012 12:15 AM

I changed the rule as suggested to source nat the traffic which gave the bridge device access to the Internet.  However, the split-tunnel wireless users then lost access to the bridge device.  I need both the wireless users to have access to the bridge device, and the bridge device needs access to the Internet.  Any thoughts?

• 5.  RE: Bridge Mode Connectivity Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2012 08:12 AM

In the AP System Profile of that AP-Group for your Remote AP, try enabling "Remote-AP Local Network Access".