Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Bridging connected LAN on Eth1

Hi

i'm testing the AP125. I want to get access on ETH1 to the LAN where the AP is connected.

e.g.

My ap got an ip address of segment 10.10.10.0/24. I want to build up a bridge to Eth1 connecting the 10.10.10.0/24 LAN.

In some offices there are less networkports so i could plug the ap within and would not loose any port.

Is this possible?

Guru Elite

Re: Bridging connected LAN on Eth1

Yes, it is.

Go to Configuration> Wireless AP Configuration. Edit the AP-group that the AP is in.

Expand AP, Expand Ethernet Interface 1 port Configuration. The Wired AP profile under that is what you want. Change the forward mode to bridge and make it trusted. Make sure the Access Mode VLAN matches the Vlan in AP System Profile> Native VLAN ID in the same AP group.

One Note: After you make the changes to the Wired AP profile, that you do a "Save as" and make a new profile name before clicking apply, because all ports are tied to the "default" initially and making changes to anything named "default" will change everything tied to that.

The last note on the AP125 is that it requires either high powered poe or a power brick in order to bring up the second port.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Spoiler

Thanks for the answer, but if i mark "Trusted" i got the following Error Message:

Warning: split-tunnel OR Bridge wired port can only be "Not Trusted". Changing "Trusted" to "Not Trusted".

Guru Elite

Yes, I forgot that part.  Make it untrusted and add a AAA profile who's initial role is authenticated so that all your traffic passes through.  Also, make sure control plane security is on.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

I already tried this config. But my client does not got an ip via dhcp.

have a look at the attachement for config information

Frequent Contributor I

where can i find the control plane security?

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

FlorianKueck wrote:

I already tried this config. But my client does not got an ip via dhcp.

have a look at the attachement for config information

What is the VLAN in the wired AP profile?

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

FlorianKueck wrote:

where can i find the control plane security?

Control Plane security is under configuration> Control Plane Security Tab.  Make sure you use auto cert provisioning.

WARNING: THIS WILL MAKE ALL YOUR APS REBOOT and they will take about 8 minutes to come back up.

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor I

The Vlan in the wiredAP Profile is VLAN 1. It should be ok?

The Control Plane Security is off. But what is the effect of these function?

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

FlorianKueck wrote:

The Vlan in the wiredAP Profile is VLAN 1. It should be ok?

The Control Plane Security is off. But what is the effect of these function?

You need to either have that AP configured as a RAP, or Turn on Control Plane security to activate bridging at the AP.  Does the link come up when you plug in the device?

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: