02-18-2014 05:43 PM
Stupid question here...I'm sure that its in the documentation, but I haven't had time to research it.
So far I've got Master-1 / Local-1 relationship... I need to bring up another local, obviously with no down-time...
I configured the new local as a local-2 and set in my IP address of the master.... Is it as straight-forward as I am thinking it is -- Pop the controller online and it should find the Master? Is there anything specific that I would need to do afterwards, besides create a new AP-Group and set the LMS to the new local-2 controller?
I'm hoping that I've got time to do a little research soon, but I figured I'd throw it out there incase I need to get it online a lot sooner than I expected to...
Thank you all!!!
02-18-2014 05:47 PM - edited 02-18-2014 05:50 PM
It's as simple as creating an IPSEC key on the master and running the following on the local:
masterip w.x.y.z ipsec <ipseckey>
Also, you'll want to configure things like VLANs, default gateway (or IP routes), NTP, STP, controller address, etc locally before you join it. Below is the complete list.
UNIQUE LOCAL CONFIG
- Time zone and daylight savings time settings
- VPN pools for remote APs and other VPN clients.
- Controller and IP interfaces. (Note that these values may need to be set before synchronization with the master so the synchronization can properly complete.)
- IP routing and spanning-tree configurations
- Remote AP whitelist and local-user database values
- DHCP pools
- NAT pools
- SNMP, NTP, and syslog settings
- Hostnames, DNS and SMTP servers
- ACLs applied to ports
- RADIUS client details and RADIUS source interfaces
- Stateful firewall settings
- Customized captive portal pages and images, and the captive portal redirect address.
02-18-2014 06:12 PM
hmmm the ipsec I definately need to do...
thank you so much for the list! There are a few things that I have to double-check... though aside from the obvious, I could actually get the controller online and configure the rest before putting any APs onto that local.... Unforunatley I had to box up the controller until we can mount / put it online... just kind of thinking outloud....
I did the vlans, licenses, controller IP, and some other things, to try and see if we could just get it online...The only thing I need to actually do is set the ntp, but it didn't want to take my command via cli....
Thank you Tim!!!