Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Bringing up new local

Stupid question here...I'm sure that its in the documentation, but I haven't had time to research it. 

So far I've got Master-1 / Local-1  relationship... I need to bring up another local, obviously with no down-time...

I configured the new local as a local-2 and set in my IP address of the master.... Is it as straight-forward as I am thinking it is -- Pop the controller online and it should find the Master?  Is there anything specific that I would need to do afterwards, besides create a new AP-Group and set the LMS to the new local-2 controller? 

I'm hoping that I've got time to do a little research soon, but I figured I'd throw it out there incase I need to get it online a lot sooner than I expected to...

Thank you all!!!

Guru Elite

Re: Bringing up new local

[ Edited ]

It's as simple as creating an IPSEC key on the master and running the following on the local:

masterip w.x.y.z ipsec <ipseckey>

Also, you'll want to configure things like VLANs, default gateway (or IP routes), NTP, STP, controller address, etc locally before you join it. Below is the complete list.

UNIQUE LOCAL CONFIG

• Time zone and daylight savings time settings
  • VPN pools for remote APs and other VPN clients.
  • Controller and IP interfaces. (Note that these values may need to be set before synchronization with the master so the synchronization can properly complete.)
  • IP routing and spanning-tree configurations
  • Remote AP whitelist and local-user database values
  • DHCP pools
  • NAT pools
  • SNMP, NTP, and syslog settings
  • Hostnames, DNS and SMTP servers
  • ACLs applied to ports
  • Certificates
  • RADIUS client details and RADIUS source interfaces
  • Stateful firewall settings
  • Customized captive portal pages and images, and the captive portal redirect address.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Bringing up new local

hmmm the ipsec I definately need to do... 

thank you so much for the list!  There are a few things that I have to double-check... though aside from the obvious, I could actually get the controller online and configure the rest before putting any APs onto that local.... Unforunatley I had to box up the controller until we can mount / put it online... just kind of thinking outloud....

I did the vlans, licenses, controller IP, and some other things, to try and see if we could just get it online...The only thing I need to actually do is set the ntp, but it didn't want to take my command via cli.... 

Thank you Tim!!!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: