Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Broadcast-Filter ARP checkbox is missing

Hi,

My customer is using 7000 series controller with 6.3.1.3 code. I wanted to Drop broadcast/multicast in vap, when i clicked apply it asked me to enalbe Broadcast-Filter ARP, otherwise arp requests will be dropped. So I went to Configuration>Stateful Firewall>Global Settings.... i see the "broadcast-filter arp" option but the checkbox is missing, has anyone seen this before? all other checkbox in the same page are there. see attached.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Re: Broadcast-Filter ARP checkbox is missing

That warning refers to the setting in the vap.

It should be enabled by default, but the command is

broadcast-filter arp

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294
Regular Contributor I

Ive just seen this meesage after dropping bc and mc, but cant see any setting in the vap for bc filter arp!

He provided you with the CLI command to enable this feature.  In the GUI the bc filter arp configuration is named "Convert Broadcast ARP requests to unicast" and should be checked/enabled by default.  Let me know if this helps.

James

Regular Contributor I

Did see that thanks... now if only the message actually said that, would save the confusion!

Think the CLI people and the GUI people need to meet each other, or at least have a chat with each other every now and again!

CmC
Occasional Contributor II

I found it confusing that it throws the warning even if the convert broadcast to unicast is already selected.

It's a warning that is given regardless of whether it is checked or not to remind you to ensure that you have a checkmark next to "convert broadcast to unicast".

James

that might be but if you see how often people ask questions about this it would be wise to consider more logic in the code to supress it or better feedback.

Couldn't agree more. If it is a requirement when you drop broadcast and mulitcast, why can't the code just automatically enable 'broadcast filter arp' and then grey the option out.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294
Guru Elite

There are one or maybe two situations where you do not want broadcast filter arp enabled, so it cannot be tied to the broadcast filter button. In every other situation you want to enabled.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: