Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Buy AP licence for DELL (aruba) controller W650

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Buy AP licence for DELL (aruba) controller W650

Posted Aug 11, 2017 12:47 AM

Hello,

I bought a Controller W650 controller in early 2013 and i have 3 AP licence.

i would like to install another AP (i add another one in spare) but i need to buy a new AP licence to make it work.

Nor DELL nor Aruba seems to be able to sell such licence anymore.

In this case is it possible to upgrade the firmware to make the "Dell W650 controller" be like a pure "Aruba W650 controller" and then buy licence directly from Aruba/HP (even if i need to reconfigure all  and buy 4 new AP licence) ? 

Or it is  not possible and my controller is stuck with only 3 AP max ?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Buy AP licence for DELL (aruba) controller W650

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 03:53 AM

As this is a Dell appliance, you will need to purchase your license through Dell. Please contact your Dell sales representative to find out what is possible.

• 3.  RE: Buy AP licence for DELL (aruba) controller W650

Posted Feb 23, 2018 04:08 PM

We took the risk of switching it over...Seems to work just fine.  I believe the last 2 licenses we bought were aruba ones...  We did not have to convert licenses...That doesn't mean you won't get stuck in a different boat...but seems to have worked for us.

• 4.  RE: Buy AP licence for DELL (aruba) controller W650

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2018 05:52 PM

Converting the Firmware will convert the license.  You should type "show license verbose" and keep those keys just in case you have to factory reset that device.

• 5.  RE: Buy AP licence for DELL (aruba) controller W650

Posted Feb 23, 2018 07:11 PM

Oh really.  Good to know, i will definately make copies of those.  Thanks for saving me some time down the road!