Wireless Access

New Contributor

Bypass invalid SSL error to access web manager on 620 controller

[ Edited ]

Hey,

Trying to reconfigure my company's Aruba 620 Controller, but I cannot access in via the web interface because of an invalid SSL error. Explorer and Chrome both flat-out refuse to allow me on, Edge gives me a button that claims to bypass the error but it doesn't do anything.

Read that it may be because we have out of date firmware (6.5), but no clue how to fix that without going into the system... which I cannot do.

Any ideas? I'd rather not have to take down the whole system and rebuild it, if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Bypass invalid SSL error to access web manager on 620 controller

What is the error in the browser?

What version of ArubaOS are you running?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I was able to circumvent it, thankfully.

Running 6.4. The error was an invalid SSL certificate, as said above.

For anyone who stumbles across this same issue, try to open the web manager in Chrome. When you reach the SSL error, click anywhere in the window and type 'badidea' with the ' '. It'll bypass the error and let you into the web manager.

MVP

I didn't know about that 'badidea', good to know!

You hit very likely the 'revoked default certificate', for which more information is at http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Controllers/ta-p/275809

If you have access, upgrade the firmware and/or install your own certificate to really fix this.

Herman

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: