Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

CKIT-OD-AC-P Aruba 270

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  CKIT-OD-AC-P Aruba 270

Posted Aug 07, 2018 05:14 PM

What female pin is recommended to be used with the CKIT??

• 2.  RE: CKIT-OD-AC-P Aruba 270

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2018 06:42 AM

I'm not sure if I understand the question. The CKIT-OD-AC-P is the weatherproof AC connector that fits on the AP side. So the part will fit into the AP. The other side of the connector allows you to connect your own weather-proof AC cable. As an alternative, there are connectors with already 5m of cable attached to it in North American or International variants which only differ in the coloring of the individual wires.

The AP 270 Series Installation Guide provides more information.

• 3.  RE: CKIT-OD-AC-P Aruba 270

Posted Aug 08, 2018 08:34 AM

RIght, the ckit allows you to make your own custom power cable if you don't need or want a 5m cable.  To do that you need to crimp 3x female pins to your 3 wires (hot, neutral, ground) and seat this into the housing.  Then proceed to screw everything together.  I would like to know what type of female pins are recommended to do this.  Below is a photo for reference. 

Thanks,

ckit.PNG

• 4.  RE: CKIT-OD-AC-P Aruba 270

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2018 07:06 AM

Got it. The female pins are in the CKIT-OD-AC-P together with the connector. Not for sale or to be purchased separately.

• 5.  RE: CKIT-OD-AC-P Aruba 270

Posted Aug 14, 2018 08:40 AM

Thats frustrating to hear, since my kit didn't come with these.  Are you sure?  The pieces came in a sealed bag.  It could have been a manufacturing oversight when bagging the set...I'll contact me seller and see what can be done.

Thanks, 

Steve

• 6.  RE: CKIT-OD-AC-P Aruba 270
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2018 08:46 AM

Steve,

I got confirmed that the pins should be in the kit. See below an image of every item that should be in the kit:

ckit-od-ad-p.png

Please work with your supplier, or you might try to call Aruba Support though I'm not sure if they can RMA these components.