Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

CRC Errors AP135

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  CRC Errors AP135

Posted Dec 02, 2014 02:13 PM

We just upgraded from AP65 to AP135.

We also upgraded some of my PoE switches to Dell 6224P.

We had some intermittent latency issues. While checking, I noticed that I was getting a large volume of CRC errors on all my Dell 6224P switches. Other devices are running fine it's just the AP135s with the Dell switches getting the errors.

Any ideas what may cause this???

I have Aruba switches in other places that work with no problems.

• 2.  RE: CRC Errors AP135

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2014 03:01 PM

I would check or replace one of the cables to see if that makes a difference.  The AP65 only uses two pairs, but the AP135 uses all 4 pairs.  Or, I would plug the cable directly into the switch and see if the AP135 continues to have the same problem.

• 3.  RE: CRC Errors AP135

Posted Dec 02, 2014 03:08 PM
    My preliminary tests point toward an incompatible frame size setting on the Dell. By default, it was set to a max size of 1518. I’m looking at the GUI and it didn’t provide unit so I’m guessing bytes???

I moved a few ports to the highest setting of 9216. So far, no more errors.

I would like to know the possible range of frame size for the AP if anyone knows that.

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: CRC Errors AP135
    Best Answer

• 5.  RE: CRC Errors AP135

Posted Dec 02, 2014 08:18 PM

Thank you sir. You are correct and this was not the problem. My latency is caused by something else so back to the drawing board.

• 6.  RE: CRC Errors AP135

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2014 08:57 PM