Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Calculating Firewall Sessions

I am deploying (soon) controllers with VPN connections back to a central location.  User capacity at each VPN site will vary so the controller models will be based on needs of the site to keep cost to a minimum.  I looked at the datasheets for the 70xx controller line and I see the max firewall sessions.  I am assuming a firewall session is used even though all traffic goes over the VPN tunnels (no split tunnels).  AOS 6.5.0.2 currently.  Hub controller is a 7220.

I have two questions.  What is the best CLI command to see how many active firewall sessions my controller is actively using?     And what is the best method to calculate how many sessions each user uses for planning purposes?

My firewall team can provide me with the firewall sessions at enterprise locations and I know the total number of users at those locations.  So I was going to use those calculations as a baseline for what is "typical" of my companys users.  Sound logical?

Regular Contributor I

Re: Calculating Firewall Sessions

bump

Regular Contributor I

Re: Calculating Firewall Sessions

Still need help with this if anyone has any ideas please.  Is there a good command I can use to see the active firewall sessions on my controller?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: