Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 04, 2014 12:08 PM

Greetings,

Im designing one of our campus type environments that has a portion of the site with six buildings.  These six buildings are in two rows of three.  I have my broadband circuit and controler in building five show below. My goal is to present WiFi to all of the outdoor areas between these buildings.  No wifi inside them.  Id like to do this via meshing with no more than one rooftop p-t-p hop from building 5. Then blanket this courtyard/plaza area. 

One caveat is my engineers do not want to use MST200.  Can anyone suggest the best way to lay this out?

Thanks in advance!

campus heat map.GIF

• 2.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2014 01:29 PM

Please see the outdoor mesh VRD here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/vrd/OPPDeployAppNote/ for options on what to do.  There might be something in there that your engineers might want to use.

• 3.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 04, 2014 03:53 PM

Hi, 

There is such tool to do Outdoor projects at Aruba web page https://outdoorplanner.arubanetworks.com - can be useful.

You can do that with MSRs or outdoor APs like (I)AP175 or newest 270 series - BTW it is significantly less expensive than 175 :) I have no idea what is size of your area and what is your user population. Business case as well. All of them could be significant factors for the project. 

Many regards, 

• 4.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 05, 2014 09:40 AM

I see that the outdoor planner require Google Earth Pro.  Is this really necessary or will the free version work as well?

• 5.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 05, 2014 09:45 AM

It works with standard installation however for commercial use you have to have Pro version. 

• 6.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 05, 2014 11:51 AM

I ran the Google Earth and input the KMZ files.  The website said something like "processing files",  Then cam back with the message below. I tried this a couple times with the same result..Capture error.GIF

• 7.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 05, 2014 12:19 PM

Well I got a bit further using outlook instead of Chrome.  However, I cant get passed the error of " the EIRP must be below the regulatory...." 

• 8.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 05, 2014 12:28 PM

Okay,  Im giving up on the Aruba externally Hosted Outdoor Planner.  Motorola has a similar program Link Planner that can be downloaded locally and is much easier to figure out.  I wish Aruba had teh same as I cant figure out how to change settings from their default on this.  I would lobe to get any help on this!!  :)   Thanks!

• 9.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 05, 2014 09:24 AM

Hello,

I'm still looking for a little help with this one.  I sent this on to my Aruba acount team but always have had good luck on this site.  Having said that, I am new to the board here.  Perhaps I posted it in the wrong place??  Again and  help is very much appreciated.

Mike

• 10.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 05, 2014 09:28 AM

OH NO,  I see that this community replied!  I appologies as I had my page open from yesterday and did not refreshh :smileyembarrassed:   Thanks for the links.  I look at these now.

• 11.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Mar 09, 2014 02:46 PM
    AP275 is the lowest total cost, easiest to deploy outdoor solution on the market. if you do the math and factor in labor you will find that the 27x series is always going to outperform technically and financially in outdoor coverage solution scenarios.

IAP versions of the 27x are on the way if that is a factor in your thinking

• 12.  RE: Campus environment Outdoor Heatmap

Posted Apr 22, 2014 10:22 AM

i've tried using the same also but get an error as below, also i've noticed that the 270 series isnt selectable on the model parameters...

Error Occurred While Processing Request
    Variable TIDYPLACES is undefined.