Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can AP214 be connected using an AP-ANT-93 antenna?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can AP214 be connected using an AP-ANT-93 antenna?

Posted Apr 18, 2016 11:43 AM

Hello -

I have a customer using AP120's and AP-ANT-93 to create a bridge between two buildings.  Looking to upgrade the 120 to an AP214, and would like to reuse the antenna if possible.  Can I reuse the antenna by just purchasing n-type to sma connectors?  The best information I could find regarding the subject was on this post: 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Access-Point-224-AC/td-p/131769

I'm curious if the diplexer is mandatory.  If the antenna does work is it supported by Aruba, or will the customer have issues if calling into TAC regarding a problem.  If so, what is the recommended upgrade? There upgrade to the ANT-93 was the ANT-2x2-5314 which wouldn't work with the AP214 either.  None of the recommended antennas on the AP214 ordering guide offer similar beamwidths.  

Thank you for any information.

• 2.  RE: Can AP214 be connected using an AP-ANT-93 antenna?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2016 02:10 PM

You are already using it on an AP-121/124? If so, you shouldn't need anything, as the AP-121/124 had RP-SMA connectors as well, same as the AP-214. You can use the ANT-93 (as you are now) with the AP-214, but you obviously won't be able to use the AP for any client connectivity.