Wireless Access

New Contributor

Can AP214 be connected using an AP-ANT-93 antenna?

Hello -

I have a customer using AP120's and AP-ANT-93 to create a bridge between two buildings.  Looking to upgrade the 120 to an AP214, and would like to reuse the antenna if possible.  Can I reuse the antenna by just purchasing n-type to sma connectors?  The best information I could find regarding the subject was on this post: 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Access-Point-224-AC/td-p/131769

I'm curious if the diplexer is mandatory.  If the antenna does work is it supported by Aruba, or will the customer have issues if calling into TAC regarding a problem.  If so, what is the recommended upgrade? There upgrade to the ANT-93 was the ANT-2x2-5314 which wouldn't work with the AP214 either.  None of the recommended antennas on the AP214 ordering guide offer similar beamwidths.  

Thank you for any information.

Re: Can AP214 be connected using an AP-ANT-93 antenna?

You are already using it on an AP-121/124? If so, you shouldn't need anything, as the AP-121/124 had RP-SMA connectors as well, same as the AP-214. You can use the ANT-93 (as you are now) with the AP-214, but you obviously won't be able to use the AP for any client connectivity. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: