Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power suply?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power suply?

Posted Jun 08, 2016 07:37 AM

Hi,

Question like the subject. Does it matter?

Mariusz

• 2.  RE: Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power suply?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2016 07:57 AM

You could, but why would you?

• 3.  RE: Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power suply?

Posted Jun 08, 2016 09:16 AM

I have a couple of APs installed in hard to reach places. There is posibility to connect them to power suply there.

If for some reason I have to change PoE switch for non PoE switch I will have working APs. Does it make sense?

Please don't care my English, I know I'm not very good :-) And I don't want to be unkind, if I am, I'm sorry, it the result of my knowledge of English :-(

• 4.  RE: Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power suply?

Posted Jun 12, 2016 02:52 PM

sure makes sense in that case. giving yourself options. hopefully you can easily turn the external power off for a hard reset if it is needed.

• 5.  RE: Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power suply?

Posted Jun 17, 2016 01:40 AM

Hi,

in this case way you do not use Power Injector ?

@mtopczewski wrote:

I have a couple of APs installed in hard to reach places. There is posibility to connect them to power suply there.

If for some reason I have to change PoE switch for non PoE switch I will have working APs. Does it make sense?

Please don't care my English, I know I'm not very good :-) And I don't want to be unkind, if I am, I'm sorry, it the result of my knowledge of English :-(

• 6.  RE: Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power suply?

Posted Jun 17, 2016 03:08 AM
    I thought i read that if both are connected the DC power source will be used.