Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I add a MSR2000 mesh in VisualRF?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can I add a MSR2000 mesh in VisualRF?

Posted May 22, 2014 03:05 PM

I have two MSR2000's forming a bridge and they are also both providing wifi coverage to mobile units. I want to add the hardware to Airwave's VisualRF but they don't show up as an option. Is it possible to do this?

• 2.  RE: Can I add a MSR2000 mesh in VisualRF?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 03:50 AM

Any suggestions on this ? I also have this Job to add some MSRs on Airwave Maps for monitoing purposes. Thanks for Feedack !

• 3.  RE: Can I add a MSR2000 mesh in VisualRF?

Posted Aug 26, 2015 07:22 AM

Hi,

WHich MeshOS version is running in that MSR ? Airwave supports only from MeshOS4.2 onwards.

Please feel free to comeback on this.

• 4.  RE: Can I add a MSR2000 mesh in VisualRF?

Posted Aug 26, 2015 09:07 AM

Hi

i just added a MSR4K into Airwave. It was Monitor Only and the Template has a missmatch (because it want's to check the gig0 description to none ?!?) and i can't find a way to disable this check. So the MSR is included and the map was drawed. The MSR also has GPS coords inside but i can't choose him on my map to add him. Any suggestions ??

• 5.  RE: Can I add a MSR2000 mesh in VisualRF?

Posted Aug 26, 2015 09:50 AM

Hi,

For MSR series outdoor APs we have separate tool called " Outdoor Planner". Google Earth must be installed on your computer to run this tool. If you do not already have a copy of Google Earth installed, you can go to earth.google.com to purchase Google Earth Pro, Google Earth Plus, or to download a free version. 

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 6.  RE: Can I add a MSR2000 mesh in VisualRF?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2015 11:52 AM

The GPS coord is not an implemented feature for mapping purposes within AirWave (to my knowledge), it's there mostly as a way to record the lat/lon for the customers that want it (might have been an option within the MeshConfig system but that's been long EoS). 

For the interface you may need to import the template and then tell AirWave to ignore that section, but honestly I haven't seen much MSR added to AirWave. Might check the user guide to see if it has a how-to or guide on adding MSRs.