Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I create a guest network and bandwidth limit in Aruba Instant mode without aditional licenses?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Can I create a guest network and bandwidth limit in Aruba Instant mode without aditional licenses?

Posted Mar 06, 2017 05:05 PM

Hi, In my company they want to buy new APs but it´s a small company, 50 employees, 1 printer and no more. They want to buy 2 Aruba or Cisco APs without a Wireless Controller. My question is Can I create a guest network and create bandwidth limits per SSID and per user using Aruba Instant mode? I need any aditional licenses or software additional to the APs to acomplish this requirements?. Which Aruba AP could you recommend me?. Thanks you.

• 2.  RE: Can I create a guest network and bandwidth limit in Aruba Instant mode without aditional licenses?

Posted Mar 06, 2017 07:41 PM

Hi,

It could be achieved using IAP. No additional license is needed.

• 3.  RE: Can I create a guest network and bandwidth limit in Aruba Instant mode without aditional licenses?

Posted Mar 06, 2017 07:50 PM

Setting up upstream and downstream bandwidth limit per role/SSID (256 Kbps per user for instance) is possible with Instant Access Points. All current models will support this capability. You can choose the model based on your network requirements.

If you need to limit based on quota (500 Mb per day per user for instance), it needs to communicate with an external server (RFC 3576). It can be ClearPass or any Radius server that can perform accounting and CoA. This is not a limitation of Aruba, but this is how it will work. It will be same for all vendors.

• 4.  RE: Can I create a guest network and bandwidth limit in Aruba Instant mode without aditional licenses?

Posted Mar 14, 2017 09:35 AM

Ok, thank you, you help me a lot.

• 5.  RE: Can I create a guest network and bandwidth limit in Aruba Instant mode without aditional licenses?

Posted Mar 07, 2017 02:31 AM

Hello!

>> Can I create a guest network and create bandwidth limits per SSID and per user using Aruba Instant mode?

Yes you can! Guest user with either PSK, or Captive portal - authenticated user login or just acknowledge terms.

BW contracts are split in upstream/downstream and defined total for the SSID, for the radio or for the role. If added to the Role it would usually mean shared among all users on the SSID.

>> I need any aditional licenses or software additional to the APs to acomplish this requirements?

Nope! Just plug and play! :D

>> Which Aruba AP could you recommend me?

That depends alot.. 50 users in an open environment/cubicles just doing normal office applications? Or 50 designers working on and sharing 15-50 Gig files?

At this time tho I would say either 300, 310 or 320 series even if you don't need Wave 2 now it still gives your solution a longer lifespan.

Follow this link for details and a product finder. 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/access-points/

• 6.  RE: Can I create a guest network and bandwidth limit in Aruba Instant mode without aditional licenses?

Posted Mar 14, 2017 09:43 AM

@jsolb wrote:

Hello!

That depends alot.. 50 users in an open environment/cubicles just doing normal office applications? Or 50 designers working on and sharing 15-50 Gig files?

At this time tho I would say either 300, 310 or 320 series even if you don't need Wave 2 now it still gives your solution a longer lifespan.

Follow this link for details and a product finder. 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/access-points/

Yes, they are 50 normal users just doing normal office stuff in cubicles . I need that the access points can cover two areas. One of 3600 sq ft in the first floor and 450 sq ft in the second floor.