Wireless Access

Can I download new version via CLI

Hi,

Just wondering if from Airwave, I can download a new version of the upgrade package using wget or similar, so that it's ready to be used at a later date?

Thanks

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294

Re: Can I download new version via CLI

If your plan is to download now and upgrade later, grabbing the file from the support site over http is the recommended method.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company

True, but by the time I go through a couple of vpns and half way round the world to the customers Airwave, it is rather slow.  Would be much quicker direct from their Airwave.

I got there in the end after about 6 hours. :smileywink:

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

I can see where the pain point is, but the current script will do the download and then launch the upgrade.  Let me see what can be done (may take a while for me to figure it out).

Rob Gin

ok, thanks for that.  I'm thinking something like an 'amp_download' script that just downloads, but doesn't actually start the process of upgrading.

i'd suggest you post the idea on the ideas portal anyway so the PLM's actually see it.

I like that idea very much.

amp_download -v 7.7.3 for example.

Stores the file in /root where it needs to be...

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
MVP

Before the SSO changes at Aruba's website, I was able to wget the file from the support site.

I downloaded the file from my desk, and copied the URL from my browser to the CLI in Airwave.

Not sure how it'll work with SSO...

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it

(edit - added *.patch so that it could attach to the forum thread

remove .patch from the filename and then it should work as below

or just add the .patch to the script run command)

Add the attached script into /var/airwave/custom

Then run as:

# cd /var/airwave/custom

# ./download_amp_image -v 7.7.3

It will prompt for Aruba support site credentials and then download the upgrade tarball into /root

(if you just run as ./download_amp_image, it'll just add another prompt entry for desired  image if you don't want to use the -v flag)

I'll see what else I can do to get it (or something similar) added to the code source with an easier tab completing bash alias.

If you have any issues, the script may require dos2unix (you'll have to yum install the package) and permission change

# yum install -y dos2unix

# dos2unix download_amp_image

# chmod 777 dos2unix

Rob Gin

This is beautiful Rob. Haven't tested it yet but I am looking at the code now.

Thanks so much. !!
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Aruba Employee

I came up with a simplified solution that adds a -download_only (-d) flag to the existing start_upgrade script. You can copy the attached patch into /var/airwave/custom before applying it and running make:

# cd /root/svn/mercury

# patch -p0 < /var/airwave/custom/download_upgrade.patch

# make

Afterwards, you'll be able to run start_amp_upgrade -d to download the file without starting the upgrade. The patch also adds a download_upgrade alias to the .bashrc, so that command will work on subsequent logins (eg. download_upgrade -v 7.7.3).

I tested things on 7.7.3, but the patch should probably apply cleanly to any 7.7 version.

Enjoy!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: