Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.

The AP gets a dhcp address but  doesn't setup a tunnel or function as an AP. Do I need a different model?

Aruba

Re: Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.

Have you set the port up to tunnel back to the controller, and with a vlan that is on the controller?

It won't matter what model, the AP125 is fine.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com

Re: Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.

The vlan for the AP is on the controller and the AP gets a dhcp address and initially goes to the controller. Trying to configure it doesn't work. I'll repeat the setup and open a case if it fails again. Thank you. - Jim

MVP

[ Edited ]

Having an AP behing an RAP is not a recommended Aruba deployment since you may experience issues because you are creating a GRE Tunnel (AP) through a RAP (GRE/IPSEC)

You should probably try making the AP125 a RemoteAP

Through the console you could do it:

setenv remote_ap=1

save

boot

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
MVP

I tried this before and it was very inconsistent , the AP keeps rebooting over and over.

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

I removed the RAP-109 and put an AP-125 with the same configuration and it worked just fine. I didn't know if the RAP-109 is up to the job or not. Thanks for the info.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: